Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

A fun fact about my own mother: she has a serious side dish problem. The woman cannot throw a dinner party or host a holiday dinner without a minimum of two side dishes per person. I think one Thanksgiving involved 35 side dishes, plus a turkey and, if memory serves, a ham and a duck, possibly a goose. If any mom shows her love and hospitality through food, it's mine. She goes to amazing lengths to make sure everyone is having fun and comfortable and full (really, really full) of salads, casseroles and desserts. I can imagine nothing better than love in the form of a cheese dip and a big ol' party; it's in my blood.

I hope you're all as lucky as I am. Now, go tell yo' mama she's awesome (not as awesome as mine, but - erm - this isn't a competition).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory