Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Deckstravaganza: Table the issue

What does one do on a rainy and cold night when one is supposed to be building a mighty deck?

Online shopping, like, fer duh.

Now that we’ve officially sat on our deck , we want to have something a tad more comfortable than a 2x8 board to plop our tooshies on when we are done. So, the search for the perfect bistro set has begun! For your reference, the perfect bistro set is:
  • Metal
  • Non-foldable
  • Modern…ish or sleek and retro-ish
  • Not thick, wrought iron granny-style
  • Has a table tall enough to eat from (so, not a side table)
  • Is less than $150

Our demands are high and I haven’t found the perfect one just yet. And trust me, I’ve combed through online shops high and low. From Pier One to Z Gallerie, everyone has failed my bistro set hunt! Here are some close contenders, though.

What a beaut! This set from CB2 is a touch out of our price range and with our hankering for an adventurous anniversary trip later this year, we're watching our pennies.
Not too shabby. The chairs fold, but the table doesn't, so that's nice. The green is a little annoying for my tastes, but that's nothing a can of spray paint can't fix.The current leader, though I'm not 100% sold on it. It's just a little too curly and it doesn't look comfortable.
There's always the option of building our own, but c'mon. We're building a deck and starting on the paver patio in a week or so and I kinda want to sit on my deck the second there are floorboards. But, hubs is slowly convincing me that a poured concrete table with store bought chairs (the CB2 ones! Oh, yes!) is a possibility, if only the hardware store sells some kind of bracket. We'll see!
Des Moines: any hidden bistro set gems I'm missing? Is it possible that antique stores are my answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory