Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Deckstravaganza: Speedy McHubs

I'd like to show you the progress of our final joists being hung, but I cannot.

Hubs gets home from work about a half hour before I do. Somehow, that half hour resulted in a ridiculous amount of progress yesterday:

He was hammering in the final nail when I pulled into the driveway. He's a wonderment.

There was still work to be done, though. So we moved this pile of gravel (which, I might add is much heavier than this picture lets on).

We put the offending gravel, to be arranged and beautified at a later date (once we have our mulch for the garden that will surround the deck), under the joists - again much more taxing that you'd think).
Then, we called it a day and went to get some spaghetti and meatballs at Marino's, where little old Italian men made cheesy jokes, hubs and I debated the merits of camper vans and I ate my weight in breadsticks. Perfecto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory