Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Deckstravaganza: I did nothing

Tonight, hubs and I went our separate ways; he handled that whole deck project and I made dips. That's right, I did nothing to further the progress of the mighty deck. Instead, I gathered our first garden crop of the year (parsley) and made a disgusting eggplant/onion dip and a new queso creation.
Outside, we went from unadorned cement footings to ones with screws!
Then, he added some boxes over the screws. Eventually, we'll use these to attach the posts.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I was mixing onions, parsley and garlic with red wine vinegar, mayonnaise and roasted eggplant. Sounds disgusting right? Well, does it look disgusting?Yes. And it tasted so. All onions and vinegar, precious little roastiness and salt. So, if you ever come across a similar sounding recipe and consider trying it, please do not. You're welcome.

Another dip (it was dip night in our hood) I was constructing as the deck was being built without me was a queso. Ever since I mastered the art of queso, I've been tweaking the basic recipe each time. Tonight, queso rojo! PS it's more ruddy in real life.

(That means I added a can of diced tomatoes and some hot sauce. Gourmand, am I.)

So, a little deck progress, a failed dip and an awesome dip. Pretty good for a Tuesday, oui?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory