Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Deckstravaganza: Behind bars

Look what I came home to on Monday!
Our very first section of railing, which looks mighty fine, if I do say so myself. I helped Hubs and we had the rest up in no time.
Please don't be suspicious that there are almost no pictures of me helping. It's because I'm the photographer. Documenting this whole shebang for your amusement and mild education is important, too!


And while we where building, guess which of our friendly neighbors dropped by?


Awwww, yeah. Our boy Scott paid us his first visit of the year! We missed him so much and we're wicked pumped that he came by to see the new deck. We also had a baby fox chasing fireflies in the yard later that night. We couldn't tell what it was at first, so Hubs walked toward it and was about twnety feet away when he realized it was a fox. Everyone got scared and bolted at that point.

Once we had cleaned up our building supplies, I moved this sad little plant from its temporary home by the garage. One lonely salvia and something I think may be grass, but I'm really hoping it's the Columbine I had there last year.

And now, because we haven't posted a self-portrait in a while:


Are you ready for the unveiling of the newly-railed deck? Blam!

Before coming in to make a ginormous plate of nachos, Hubs also peeled the framing from the concrete pad that will hold in the main stairs.


Not bad for a Monday, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory