Once our driveway was clean and we were pretty sure the house had stopped getting all cranky on us, we started to fill the cracks on our asphalt driveway. But, it's always safety first around these parts, so I put up a little blockade at the end of the driveway so no one would use our freshly decracked drive to pull a u-ie, as they are apt to do.
Seeing as I was hot, tired and possibly adopting the house's snitty attitude, I made due with what I had. Two garden stakes and this:
Yes, ma'am, a red whiffle ball on some string. It really says, "Hey, don't park here. PS We're kinda trashy but also ingenious."
Anyway, I was in charge of tiny cracks and used Latex-ite crack filler. It comes in bottles that look like sriacha, except black and not tasty. There were millions of cracks, but soon, I had a pretty web of non-cracks.
Hubs filled the bigger problem areas with trowel patch. This stuff was way more economical and when we have to do this again in eight years, we'll use this for all cracks big and small.
It took us about an afternoon to get the driveway super smooth. Then, it was time to seal.