Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

2010 rolled out last night and I have to say, I was glad to see it go and get a fresh start, no matter how little a new calendar date changes my day-to-day.

I learned more than I ever wanted to in 2010 about French drains, deck permits and how long I can skate by with a scrawny bank balance. Don't get me wrong, 2010 had lots of amazing aspects, but it threw us some big ol curve balls, too. And I prefer my surprises to come in the form of shoes you thought were full price being on sale and no parking tickets on expired meters.

Anyway, an obligatory list of my hopes and dreams for this new year:
1. Finish the basement, of course.
2. Make good macaroons.
3. Run like the wind, as much as possible. Also, take more weight classes and get back my Obama arms.
4. Make some kitchen updates (we are thinking floors and paint)
5. Kick some booty at work. In a good way.
6. Buy something letterpressed.
7. Slow down. Spaz less.

How bout you all?

2 comments:

  1. #1: write more.
    #2: spend less.

    that's it from me, i suppose. even though these (technically) are a carry-forward from 2010. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKSGEO3CdkY Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory