The issue we had was that one wall ran parallel to our joists (you know, the beams that keep the first floor from becoming the basement and the attic from becoming the first floor?) and we kinda needed something to attach the studs to.
Enter: faux studs (fuds? Notsomuch.).
We cut 2x4s to fit in between the sill and the joist.
My least favorite part about the bottom plate and interior studs is that we have to use a nail gun that fires using .22 caliber shots. So, it's like, literally a nail GUN, which I did not realize until Hubs started using it, the cats hid under the bed and I felt compelled to hover behind him with my cell ready to dial 9-1-1.
I have been assured many times that this device cannot slip out of his hands and send a .22 powered steel nail into his skull or the skull of his lovely wife. That it would fire right into the wall as soon as his grip slipped anyway.
I don't trust this sneaky death machine.
Aside from that, framing is keeping me happy as a pig in mud. We're hoping to get it wrapped up this weekend!