Saturday, July 24, 2010

The cuke to beat all cukes

Another Thursday, another CSA delivery! It was a quiet week: some basil, zucchini (because I need more of them), three kinds of onions (yessssssssss), some more basil and the crown jewel - some zucchini muffins. I feel like you know zucchinis are taking over the planet when even the CSA would rather send muffins than raw veggies.

A quick step outside led to our next vegetable harvest and it wasn't even from our garden. Our neighbor handed over this:

The biggest flippin' cucumber I've ever seen. Tzatziki fo' life, man. That Greek dip stle my heart in 2003 when I first had a gyro and there has been no turning back since. Think I can freeze tzatziki? I don't really know if even I, dip lover extraordinaire, can down the dip produced by a cuke that is larger than my arm.

Gyro party, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. wow, that is a huge cucumber! new to your blog; love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory