Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter, Lou-side

We spent Easter weekend in St. Louis, hanging out with family and friends. It was a short trip, but we had plenty of time for:

  • A visit to the Arch, where tickets to the top were sold out
  • Admiring the plethora of cherry trees and magnolias in bloom in my favorite city
  • A few beers and sips at Schlafly
  • Visiting with Nana, recipient of the original Maggie scarf
  • A few more beers and dips at Growlers
  • Steaks the size of my forearm at my aunt and uncle’s house
  • A cut-throat family game night
  • Dying Easter eggs
  • An Easter egg hunt, wherein the youngest participant was 17
  • A brunch buffet piled high with delights, including Gooey Butter Cake (which I’m going to try recreating this weekend)
  • Packing up a case of Yuengling, hauled by my Mom from Maryland and a 5 pound brick of white cheese from my uncle to make my queso adventures smoother

Did you have a good holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory