I’d like to give a few shout-outs from last night:
- Shout-out to my supersonic hearing that allowed me to detect some weird noise in the bedroom.
- Shout-out to HTB’s flight mechanism that hauled my frozen-with-fear self off the couch.
- Shout-out to the pocket doors in my house which kept me safe in the bedroom area.
- Shout-out to HTB, who bravely donned his baseball hat, a ratty picnic blanket and laundry basket to deal with the chaos in the living room.
- Shout-out to the police operator who told me she was real sorry but Animal Control got off duty at 10:00 p.m. and couldn’t help.
- Shout-out to Trip the cat who bolted for the basement and hid under the bed.
- Shout-out to my shower cap (ahem) and second laundry basket, which gave me strength to venture out to the living room and see if HTB needed help.
- Shout-out to Neighbor J, who dutifully came over armed with a ski hat and pool skimmer.
- Shout-out to Des Moines Animal Control who showed up after 10:00 p.m., willing to help, but sadly, was too late.
- And last, but certainly not least, a big shout-out to the fruit bat that weaseled his way through the bedroom window and wreaked complete havoc in my living room during Mad Men. We are very glad you found your way out because we really didn’t want to hurt you! God bless America.
So, my week is off to a whiz-bang start! Yours?
P.S. Let’s not talk about Mad Men, I only saw the first half.