Monday, August 10, 2009

Cheesy wedding stuff

Oh, we love cheese, HTB and I. More than average people, we adore cheese. For months, every Sunday was Cheese Night (see post on my irrational love of weekly rituals) and we'd stop by the local fancy-pants grocery store and pick up a block (or two or three) of hoity-toity cheese, some bread and call it good. We even have a cheese that is our cheese. We don't have a song, but hell's bells, we have a cheese.

So, when I stumbled upon this,

source

I knew we could have no other cake but a wedding cheese cake. Three layers of savory, rich dairy sweetly and simply topped with flowers by HTB himself. (We're doing a six-month Manchego, local Maytag blue and our cheese, Pierre Robert.)

Most people I've told about the wedding cheese have been supportive and agree that a cheese cake is perfectly us. A few grumbled about a lack of sugary sweets, but we were planning on serving tiramisu and good old sheet cake anyway.

If they don't want the cheese, let them eat cake, I say!

I'm already bracing myself for the inevitable toot jokes when it's time to cut the cheese. No euphemism will come between me and my tonnage of cheese!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexson! The cheese cake looks yummy. Your blog is very nice. The images are very beautiful. God is Great. Best wishes.
    I wanted to follow your blog but the widget is not working. I will try after sometime.

    http://www.thedynamicnature.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory