What are you thankful for this year? Here's my list:
- That our family is healthy. We made it another year without losing any major body parts (not counting that one time), so that's always nice.
- I think this is one thing we all always say we are thankful for, but only in the past few years, after meeting people through my jobs at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and American Heart Association, have I really learned how lucky we truly are for this. My co-worker made this video about a family who isn't so lucky. It's incredibly moving.
- That Hubs and I both got to move into jobs that allow us to learn, do what we love and in very different ways - change the world we live in.
- That Trip and Niles get along and are cat-brothers and not cat-nemeses.
- That our house is still standing. Because it was touch and go at times.
Those are the biggies. I'm also thankful I discovered how to make caramel sauce, learned to knit, figured out how to can veggies, that Southwest is eventually coming to Des Moines, and that I signed up for Shoe Dazzle. Sometimes, it's important to celebrate the little things.
I'm also thankful (and amazed) that you all read this little ol' blog every week. Thanks for your comments and support! Without you guys, I wouldn't be able to put on airs at family functions and remind everyone how internet famous I am. So, thank you and have a very lovely Thanksgiving!