Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Thing Thursdays: Volume One

I've been wanting to inject a little structure into this here blog for a while. Sometimes these words all feel so wobbly and disjointed, so a little stalwart post of regularity each week seems like a nice addition.

Here's what I've come up with: One Thing Thursdays.

You see, I love to travel and because I'm not a glamorous globe-trotting diva with endless amounts of time and dollars, a lot of my trips are pretty short. Making the most out of my time in a city is pretty important when I'm only there for 18 hours. I'm not super interested in most touristy things and (as you can guess), the tops of my travel to-do lists often include exotic foods. One Thing Thursdays will give you a heads up on something you wouldn't want to miss, whether you find yourself driving through rural Colorado or with an hour to spare in Belfast. I'd also love to hear your One Things about each location. Let's commune, y'all.

Let's roll this ball!

One Thing Thursdays: Tybee Island, Georgia


Photo by me, Getting Artsy with Driftwood and New Rings

Inspired by the Lettered Cottage post on a lovely reno on Tybee, I figured this would be as good as place as any to start. Hubs and I honeymooned in nearby Savannah last fall and took one afternoon to take the short drive to Tybee and soak up some beachiness.

My One Thing: $1 koozies at the Crab Shack
Please don't be turned off by the Rachel Ray endorsement. I believe the Bigger, Better, Best stamp of approval overrides it anyway.

The Crab Shack is really a dump. Close your eyes, imagine a crab shack. Imagine that it sits on stilts over a bay, is a ramshackle blend of several buildings, is overrun with stray cats and somehow has potholes in a gravel parking lot. Plop exactly what you imagined in a southern beach town and voila! Miraculously, all these things work for the Crab Shack. It can't hurt that the food is amazing (hubs and I took down several pounds of fresh, buttery seafood on the Captain Crab's Sampler platter) and koozies are just $1 with the purchase of a beer. Seeing as how the Shack is open-air, a beer without a koozie just wouldn't be right. Not to mention, they serve Yuengling, an East Coast beer that is near and dear to my heart. We all need more koozies, right?

Photo by hubs, After the Captain Crab's Sampler

If you have time for two things: Walk on the beach, duh. Chase some seagulls, see some dolphins, sit on a swing.

Photo by me, Hubs on a Swing

Been to Tybee? Whatdcha do? Something better than a $1 koozie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory