Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Green, mean craftin' machine

With Valentine’s Day safely behind us, it’s time to get crackin’ on decking the halls for my favorite holiday of the year: St. Pat’s. Having spent six months “studying” in Cork, Ireland, I have a serious nostalgia for that silly little island and it pangs me especially hard on March 17th. And what better cure for nostalgia pangs than crafts? Am I right? Can I get an amen? A-men!

Ahem.

I’m going to start by sprucing up our fireplace with some bunting, like this, but decidedly more Irish:


But, wait! I found some knitted bunting that melts my little ruddy face with awesomeness.

Photo

I couldn't resist. This project is already started. My flags are a little taller and more narrow and I currently only have two, but these pupies fly off the needles, so I'll be set in no time!

Why, is that a festive swizzle stick in your drink? You know it.

Photo


My knitted coozies are also getting better, so maybe I'll whip up a few to keep our Murphy's cold (even though we drink them from pint glasses, lovingly pilfered and imported by yours truly, and never ever from the can because of that little foam-producing magic ball thingy).

And I want to get many kinds of crafty on the table. Maybe even spray paint something. Ooo girl, get crazy!


Do you get crafty and homemakery for random holidays?

3 comments:

  1. St. Pat's, spray paint AND swizzle sticks?! I don't think you could you pack any more greatness into this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be the best ever. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the bunting. I bought some burlap bunting for my Mom for Thanksgiving. I wish I was craftier!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory