Friday, January 1, 2010

Another statistic

If I were a betting woman, I'd wager that 97.5% of bloggers write a post at about this time making known their resolutions and plans for the next 365 days. Because I'm such an on-again/off-again member of the blogging world, I figured I'd spare you all the lofty goals and ambitions of a whole year and stick to the next few weeks.
  1. Marathon levels of craftiness. In January, I'm taking a calligraphy workshop (at Ephemera here in Des Moines) AND a beginner's knitting class (also at Ephemera). I'm also plotting a three day weekend in which I redecorate our side entry way and hallway.

Um, yep. One thing. But it has subthings!

I've never knit (knitted?) before and my handwriting is wildly unpredictable. Also, painting is one of those things I think I like, but soon I realize I don't. Like butter pecan ice cream or ellipticals. But, with grad school behind me, my brain is itching to learn new things. My poor eyes are tired of blonde pine and cream walls. So, knit and calligraph (?) and paint I shall!

I'll report from the front lines of craftiness as all this transpires. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory