Friday, January 8, 2010

And in this corner, sporting blonde 50s wood, we have...

The hallway.



AKA, my project. You see, I love my hallway because there is a ton of storage : one full sized closet (seen a little in photo C for Clothes and Crates of Crud) and one linen/broom closet (seen in photos A for A lot of storage and D for Dyson's home...man, I love that vacuum). I also love that it won't take much paint for the walls.

Here is what I don't love: acres and acres (in my mind) of this strange 50s wood. I just don't dig it. I don't get it. I want to paint it! And so, I'll be sanding the whole mess of cabinets and trim and slapping on some fresh white paint.
The walls, currently a non-offensive ivory color, will be punched up just a bit. And the horrendous beast (photo B for butt ugly - because I'm 12) will be relegated to the Habitat for Humanity Restore where someone who adores such things can give it a good home.

Ptooey! Yuck. Blech. Disgusting.

The wall art (photo E for Eventually, I'll have a better place for these) will be replaced by some snapshots we took on our honeymoon and maybe a wedding picture, all hung in smart little white frames. Right now, we have what I once called my "grown up deorations." Sigh. Yes, it's a poster frame filled with postcards. But, have pity. I'd lived in an undecorated, windowless room in chilly Wellington, NZ for six months prior - my decorative senses were weak and fragile.

So, here it is, in all of it's before glory. Get ready to be amazed by the transformative powers of blood, sweat and a tiny bit of spackle.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the final reveal!!! It's going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory