Friday, April 27, 2012

Never have I ever

....run a half marathon.

Also, never have I ever even considered it - until two weeks ago.

Now, I'm sitting here, enjoying a moderately healthy vodka, soda and lime with my very favorite running capris, tank and sweat-wicking socks all laid out and ready to go for a spur-of-the-moment half marathon tomorrow morning.

Hubs has got lawn chairs, snacks and a six-pack in a cooler ready for my throngs of adoring fans (that'd be himself and my sister, possibly our neighbor), who will be watching me wheeze and sneeze gracefully saunter through Mile 7 as it passes right through our hood.

Five weeks ago, I was proud that I ran a five mile St. Pat's race. On Easter, I was thrilled that I ran 10 miles with friends. The next week, I managed to run 10 again. Then, I decided, what the heck - let's do 13.1.

So, that's what I'm doing tomorrow.

Well, that and of course reliving my glory days as Drake alumni from near and far descend upon Peggy's to buy me jello shots and celebrate the Relays.

Oy.

It's going to be a helluva weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Go, YOU!!!! I hope it went well and I cannot wait to hear all about it tomorrow morning!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory