So, rather than carry on with demo and live with a ripped up bathroom for three weeks, we are turning our sights toward a project we hadn't planned on doing until late January: the baby's room!
So, here is our second bedroom. Part office, part guest room, part catch-all - this poor space needs some serious love.
Poor Baby deserves a little better. We aren't going to find out if the little dude is in fact a dude or a little lady, so all the decorations will be neutral.
So, the plan for this room is:
- Moving out all the adult furniture and bringing in the baby gear: crib, dresser, glider, yada yada yada
- Paint the ceiling a nice, fresh, uniform white
- Pull out the light fixture and replace it with a ceiling fan
- Paint the walls a pale gray
- Paint a fancy-pancy mural of a tree on one wall
- Paint the trim white
- Refinish the floors
Nothing major, so the plan is to knock this out while we wait for the bathroom tile. I have Christmas week off work, so with my trusty mask and a few cracked windows, I should be able to get the painting pretty much set.
What's your Christmas project?